As Flightbeam, our partner and sponsor, recently released KMSP, we thought it would be a great idea to make it our Destination of the Month (DOM). We are excited to head north for our next trip to Minnesota, so pack your bags, and let’s hit the road. With many hubs flying to KMSP, book your next virtual flight to Minnesota. We have also included a review of the destination below, so feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Flightbeam just released its newest airport, Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (KMSP), a central hub for Delta Air Lines and home to Sun Country Airlines. KMSP is the largest and busiest airport in the Upper Midwest region of the United States, serving United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and many more! KMSP has roughly 30 million travelers and 300,000 takeoffs and landings annually, making it the 19th busiest airport in the United States.
Flightbeam created KMSP to provide the best immersion possible in the flight simulator, such as boarding at the gate with interior modeling. It is handcrafted since they got a complete on-site survey of the airport, making it as accurate as possible for 2023 operations. Flightbeam continues to develop with AAA titles, allowing the best optimization for many machines while keeping the visuals sharp with their secret techniques.
We strongly recommend this product if you want a new airport in the Midwest! It is a huge game changer compared to the default MSFS Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. If you don’t believe us, let’s look at the pictures and have them speak for themselves. We can’t wait to see Flightbeam’s next product. Will it be ORD or EWR? We will need to wait and see.
• Latest real-world (2023) taxiway layouts and newest construction included.
• Extensive, highly detailed, and realistic 4096×4096 textures
• Detailed Flightbeam Gen-5 dynamic jetways with custom signage
• Multi-layered, realistic, hand-painted ground textures with PBR and custom decals
• Passenger models at various gates
• New Flightbeam SoundFX, placed in various locations, captured from real-life airports.
• Key interior areas modeled in the terminal.
• All new animated inset and elevated runway guard lights
• There is a dense amount of custom tarmac objects modeled after actual objects from the airport.
• State-of-the-art optimization techniques, bringing you the absolute best possible performance